COLD/LOW LEVEL LASER THERAPY
The effects of the Low Level Laser therapy are photochemical (cold), not thermal. Hot lasers in the medical world are used for surgical precision, while cold lasers are used for healing precision. During treatment with our 635 nm laser, an interaction between your body cells and photons from the laser occurs which creates a “photochemical” reaction.
The cold laser enters the body tissues, alters the cell membranes permeability, and at the cellular level is absorbed by the mitochondria. The mitochondria are the powerhouse of each cell and like an engine, they make energy. Energy is needed for all body processes.
Specifically, the Erchonia PL5000 laser we use promotes the following:
1. Rapid cell growth and repair of damaged tissue
2. Faster wound healing by stimulating the fibroblasts repair process
3. Increased metabolic activity by increasing output of specific enzymes and increasing oxygen to blood cells for more effective immune response
4. Reduced fibrous scar tissue after cuts, scratches, burns or surgery
5. Reduced swelling from bruises and inflammatory process so improves mobility
6. Increased vascular activity and lymph flow for best circulation
7. Stimulation of nerve function and nerve cell reconnection
Basically, low level laser therapy increases communication between cells and thus enhances all the body’s normal functions.
What can low level therapy treat?
- Sprains/strains -Tendonitis -Bursitis
- Bruises -Chronic neck/back pain -Trigger points
- Osteoarthritis -Rheumatoid Arthritis -Inflammation
- Burns -Post-Surgical Healing -Diabetic Ulcerations
- Eczema -Shingles -Dermatitis
- Non-union fractures -Metasaralgia -Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Plantar Fasciitis -Frozen Shoulder -Carpal Tunnel
- Headaches -Nervous System Calming -Tooth Pain
- Cold sores -Neuropathy -Parathesia/Numbness
- Pain/loss of motions with joint replacement
We treat by working with the involved system of the body or the nerve that goes to the area of pain or symptoms. The analysis is key to getting good results with laser therapy.
Office hours: Mon-Thurs 9am-6pm and Friday 9am-5pm. Massage available Saturdays by appointment. (We break for lunch 12-2pm.)
Image courtesy erchonia.com